glass museum.

Giustinian Palace.

The museum was founded by Abbot Vincenzo Zanetti in 1861. Born to establish an archive where to gather the testimonies of the island’s history , it rapidly changed in museum form . In 1862 it is also connected to a school that allowed glass to study the drawings and the content of glass models in the museum . In 1923 , with the Murano annexation to the City Council , the Glass Museum is included in the municipal Civic Museums . His collections were subject to a reorganization in 1932 , with the addition of the Correr collections glazing , Cicogna and Molin . It was later established an archaeological section which elements are the most prestigious glass from Zara . Today the museum collections , are increased by donations from the furnaces of the island , which enrich mainly the contemporary collection.[

This post is also available in: Italian